Lord, we, Your people, have become so accustomed to being prayed for. Prayer lines are common. We flock to mighty men of God looking for a miracle. And yet, You called us to give the gift of prayer. We confess that we find it hard to pray for lambs. You want us to pray for wolves. It is precisely to the people who don’t believe that you wish for us to carry faith. It is against the backdrop of darkness, that You long to display Your glorious light.
Forgive us for making prayer about us. Forgive us for not offering to boldly pray for unbelievers around us. Perhaps God, that is why miracles have dried up in some places. We have disconnected the miracles from Your gospel message. We want them for us. You want to do exploits in the face of unbelievers. Give us grace to pray and watch You do the work. Confirm Your message with signs and wonders. Show Your majesty everywhere. Where there are Christians, let miraculous grace be possible.
I pray, Lord, for You:
- To send believers into their lives as a witness (Matthew 9:38).
- To open their spiritual eyes and that Satan will not blind them from the truth (2 Corinthians 4:4).
- To give them ears to hear (Matthew 13:15), faith to believe (Acts 20:21), the will to respond (Acts 16:14; Romans 10:9).
- To help them understand and believe the Scriptures (Luke 24:45; Romans 10:17; 1 Thessalonians 2:13).
- To draw them to himself (John 6:44).
- For the Holy Spirit’s conviction of their sin and that he will guide them into all truth (John 16:8-11).
- That He will grant them the grace of true repentance and saving faith (Acts 3:19; Ephesians 2:8-9).
- To increase their desire to know Him (2 Chronicles 15:4; Acts 17:27).
- That they will believe in Christ as Savior (John 1:12; John 5:24; Acts 16:31) and submit to Him as Lord (Romans 10:9-10).
- That they surrender everything to follow Christ (Matthew 16:24; 2 Corinthians 5:15; Philippians 3:7-8).
- To set them free from spiritual captivity (2 Timothy 2:25-26).
- That they grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ (2 Peter 3:18).
- That they continue to live in Christ (Colossians 2:6-7).
- To sanctify them, not only from the world and sin, but unto himself for a holy purpose and mission (Romans 12:1-2).
- To give them opportunities to witness (Colossians 4:3), as young believers (Acts 2); for boldness in witness (Acts 4:29).
- This blog is an excerpt from PRAYER – The Heart of It All. For a Limited Time purchase the book and the study guide at 25% off. Purchase today>
- Dig deeper with the PRAYER – The Heart of It All Resource Kit available for group leaders which includes a video for each session, power point and teaching guide.
Read more blogs by P. Douglas Small>
P. Douglas Small is founder and president of Alive Ministries: PROJECT PRAY and he serves in conjunction with a number of other organizations. He is also the creator of the Praying Church Movement and the Prayer Trainer’s Network. However, all views expressed are his own and not the official position of any organization.